The present Roman Martyrology records eleven saints named Rufinus:
(1) On 28 February, a Roman martyr Rufinus, with several companions in martyrdom; nothing is known concerning them.
(2) On 7 April, an African martyr Rufinus with two
companions; their names are mentioned under 6 April in a list of martyrs in the
Martyrologium Hieronymianum (ed. De Rossi-Duchesne, 40).
(3) On 14 June, the two martyrs Valerius and Rufinus
who suffered at Soissons, France, during the Diocletian persecution; their names
are given under this date in the
Martyrologium Hieronymianum (ed. cit., 78; cf.
66 under 26 May; also Acta SS., June, II, 796 sqq.).
(4) On 21 June, Rufinus who suffered martyrdom with Martia at Syracuse; nothing is known concerning him.
(5) On 30 July, Rufinus of Assisi, who was according to
legend the bishop of this city and a martyr. He is probably identical with the
episcopus Marsorum noted under 11 August. The Acts of the martyrdom of this
Rufinus are purely legendary [cf.
Bibliotheca hagiographica latina, II, 1068;
Studio sulla chiesa cattedrale di S. Rufino (Assisi, 1893); D. de
Notizie di S. Rufino (Avezzano, 1885)].
(6) On 19 August, Rufinus, confessor at Mantua.
(7) On 26 August, a confessor Rufinus venerated at Capua
(cf. Acta SS., August, V, 819-820). His name is given in the
Hieronymianum under 26 and 27 August.
(8) On 4 September, a martyr Rufinus with his companions
in martyrdom who suffered at Ancyra in Galatia; he is also mentioned in company
with several others in the
Martyrol. Hieronym. (ed. cit., 113) under 31 August,
and again under 4 September (ed. cit., 116).
(9) On 9 September, Rufinus and Rufinianus, with no further particulars.
(10) On 16 November, Rufinus, a martyr in Africa with several companions in martyrdom; nothing is known concerning this saint.
(11) Besides the saints already given mention should
also be made of a martyr Rufinus of Alexandria whose name is given under 22 June
Martyrol. Hieronym. (ed. cit., 81)
Suchen bei amazon: Bücher über Catholic Encyclopedia - Sts. Rufinus
korrekt zitieren: Artikel
Die Deutsche Nationalbibliothek verzeichnet das Ökumenische Heiligenlexikon in der Deutschen Nationalbibliografie; detaillierte bibliografische Daten sind im Internet über http://d-nb.info/969828497 abrufbar.