Sollte hier eine Anzeige erscheinen, deren
Anliegen dem unseren entgegensteht, benachrichtigen
Sie uns bitte unter Angabe der URL dieser Anzeige, damit diese Werbung nicht mehr erscheint.
Lesen Sie vorher bitte unsere Erläuterungen auf der Seite
Werbung und wie sie funktioniert.
The present Roman Martyrology records eleven saints named Rufinus:
(1) On 28 February, a Roman martyr Rufinus, with several companions in martyrdom; nothing is known concerning them.
(2) On 7 April, an African martyr Rufinus with two
companions; their names are mentioned under 6 April in a list of martyrs in the
Martyrologium Hieronymianum (ed. De Rossi-Duchesne, 40).
(3) On 14 June, the two martyrs Valerius and Rufinus
who suffered at Soissons, France, during the Diocletian persecution; their names
are given under this date in the
Martyrologium Hieronymianum (ed. cit., 78; cf.
66 under 26 May; also Acta SS., June, II, 796 sqq.).
(4) On 21 June, Rufinus who suffered martyrdom with Martia at Syracuse; nothing is known concerning him.
(5) On 30 July, Rufinus of Assisi, who was according to
legend the bishop of this city and a martyr. He is probably identical with the
episcopus Marsorum noted under 11 August. The Acts of the martyrdom of this
Rufinus are purely legendary [cf.
Bibliotheca hagiographica latina, II, 1068;
Studio sulla chiesa cattedrale di S. Rufino (Assisi, 1893); D. de
Notizie di S. Rufino (Avezzano, 1885)].
(6) On 19 August, Rufinus, confessor at Mantua.
(7) On 26 August, a confessor Rufinus venerated at Capua
(cf. Acta SS., August, V, 819-820). His name is given in the
Hieronymianum under 26 and 27 August.
(8) On 4 September, a martyr Rufinus with his companions
in martyrdom who suffered at Ancyra in Galatia; he is also mentioned in company
with several others in the
Martyrol. Hieronym. (ed. cit., 113) under 31 August,
and again under 4 September (ed. cit., 116).
(9) On 9 September, Rufinus and Rufinianus, with no further particulars.
(10) On 16 November, Rufinus, a martyr in Africa with several companions in martyrdom; nothing is known concerning this saint.
(11) Besides the saints already given mention should
also be made of a martyr Rufinus of Alexandria whose name is given under 22 June
Martyrol. Hieronym. (ed. cit., 81)